Saturday, April 25, 2015

Southern Highlands Progress for Week of April 20, 2015

So I don't have a creative name for these photo blogs/progress reports of Elkins Beach and the Southern Highlands, but the least I can do is group them by date.

Here's an update on what I've been working on this week:
  • Created a transitional badlands area in the narrow, empty stretch following gutz highway (named for a user that built the highway in 2000, gutz).  This area was previously flat and empty except for groundcover and the highway.  
    • On the side closest to the Southern Highlands raised terrain features, I've added some towering, rocky terrain reminiscent of the work I did at Razorspine Bluff.
    • On the side closest to Elkins Beach, I've added low forests with smaller rocky features and SWI archaeology nodes.
    • In Elkins Beach itself, I've added some rocky terrain features in empty lots to give the impression that the rocky terrain doesn't just abruptly and cleanly end as you enter the town.
  • Capped off some incomplete areas in Rising Glen Retreat. In particular, a house I started in 2008.  It isn't completed inside, but the outside at least doesn't have any floating panels anymore.
Photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment